Support the UK’s biggest commitment to the creation of new ballets!
This year Birmingham Royal Ballet donors will once again be able to double the value of their gifts by taking part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge. Make your support go even further this Christmas and help to support Birmingham Royal Ballet’s fantastic new initiative, Ballet Now.
The annual online matched-funding challenge sponsored by the Reed Foundation and the Patrick Trust returns. Between 28 November and 5 December, every £1 donated online via the Big Give website to Birmingham Royal Ballet will be matched with £1 from the fund.
It is only through donations that we are able to deliver the ballets that audiences love. You can help us to make our new initiative Ballet Now possible by supporting the Big Give Christmas challenge from midday on Tuesday 28th November.
- One donation, twice the Impact: Through the Big Give Christmas Challenge you can double the value of your donations.
- Give to make possible an incredible ten new ballets through Ballet Now, currently the UK’s biggest commitment to the creation of new ballets.
- Give so that we can nurture and develop ten choreographers, ten designers and ten composers, and provide the opportunities for them to become the ballet voices of the future.
- Give to support young British choreographer, George Williamson as he creates the first Ballet Now commission which will be performed in Birmingham and London in June 2018.
- Give to support Birmingham Royal Ballet’s commitment to creating new work and keeping ballet as exciting, relevant and inspiring as it has always been.
- Give because it is only through your donation that Birmingham Royal Ballet can only create the ballet you love.
How is my gift doubled?
Every £1 you donate through the Big Give website from 28 November to 5 December with be doubled to £2 through the sponsorship of the Reed Foundation and the Patrick Trust. That means a small gift of only £20 will be doubled to £40! All the money you donate will go towards Ballet Now and supporting the future of ballet.
‘Not since the days of Diaghilev has there been such a concerted commitment to new music for dance.’David Bintley cbe - Director, Birmingham Royal Ballet
This year all money donated to the Big Give Christmas Challenge will go towards Ballet Now, an innovative new creative programme being delivered by Birmingham Royal Ballet.
Ballet Now will create an incredible ten new ballets over the next five years. All ten ballets will have new choreography, a new score and new designs, each created by an up-and-coming artist making their first work on the largest scale. That’s 30 artists, ten each of choreographers, composers and designers. It is only through the support of generous donors that we will be able to deliver this ambitious programme.
The challenge opens at midday on 28 November and continues until midday on 5 December.
For more information contact Joe Palfrey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0121 245 3557.