The Department for Learning offers exciting opportunities to introduce children to ballet and creative dance.
Dance Me a Story
Our creative Dance Me a Story workshops are designed for EYFS to Key Stage 2 pupils. Your pupils are invited to step inside some of the world's most enduring tales with Birmingham Royal Ballet. Sessions are led by a professional dance artist with live piano accompaniment. We are also experienced in working in SEN settings.
Workshops aim to:
- Introduce participants to ballet mime as a story-telling medium
- Explore themes and characters from the ballet
- Provide a safe, creative environment that supports imaginative role-play
- Encourage collaborative problem-solving
- Develop choreographic skills through use of space, action, relationships and dynamics
- Encourage creative risk-taking and develop individual resilience
Projects are listed here when available.